photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, September 6, 2007

I wish I could...

Do you ever think about things you wish you could do or talents that you wish you had? I spent some time thinking about this the other day and I came up with a few things.

1. I wish I could sing well.

2. I would love to be able to draw or paint. Sadly, my artistic skills haven't improved much since kindergarten.

3. I wish I had Samantha Brown's job on the Travel Channel. Unlike Andrew Zimmern and Anthony Bourdain, she doesn't have to eat a bunch of weird crap like haggis in Scotland or insects in the Philippines. She has had the opportunity to explore nearly every inch of Europe and Latin America, but she is so dull and cheesy! I could do her job so much better!

4. I sometimes wish I could tell people exactly what I am thinking without having to be P.C. or worrying about offending anyone. "Your ignorance offends me" "Are you a friggin' idiot?!" "No, I don't think you will amount to much and the mere sight of you pains me." "I don't give a damn." That felt nice.

5. I wish I could play the drums! I think it would be an awesome stress reliever. We went to the Maná concert this weekend (it was amazing) and Alex, the drummer played an awesome 10 minute solo. This isn't from the concert we went to, but it's the same solo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj7UAaQHEmo

6. I wish I liked working out. I do it because it's necessary (though not often enough) and envy those who do it because it makes them happy.

Okay, I'll stop here because I'm starting to think of general wishes as opposed to wishing for talents and abilities and I could go on for hours. What do you wish you could do?

No comments: