photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Texas-Sized Dream Home

Dream Home via La Dolce Vita
One of my favorite sites to peruse on the internet from time to time is HAR.com which essentially hosts the MLS inventory for the Houston Association of Realtors. I enjoy keeping up to date with the real estate market and every now and then, I’ll find a stunning home that I wish I could snap up for myself! This home is no exception. I am so in love with every last detail. You can generally get a lot for the money in Houston compared to what you’d get for a similar amount in another city. This house is listed for a cool $4,575,000 and clocks in at nearly 9,200 square feet. Built by Kurt Hahnfeld of HP Contracting and designed by architect, Travis Mattingly, the house is filled with thoughtful details executed by expert craftsmen. Elizabeth Garrett DeWitt of Elizabeth Garrett Interiors was charged with selecting the finishes, lighting, hardware, and color palette for this gorgeous home. I love that the home marries Spanish architecture with classic traditional elements on the interior. Just thinking about blogging about decorating this place makes me wish I had five million dollars lying around so I could make this beauty all mine!
Dream Home via La Dolce Vita {The grand entrance features a sweeping staircase and dramatic chandelier.}
Dream Kitchen via La Dolce Vita {This is honestly my dream kitchen. I’m not sure how anyone could really improve on this, except for maybe switching out the lighting for some pendants from Circa Lighting.}
Dream Kitchen via La Dolce Vita {There are so many gorgeous details. I love that the marble slab backsplash goes all the way to the ceiling. I am also in love with the dove grey cabinetry, the beautiful hood above the range, and the fun rolling ladder.}
butler's pantry via La Dolce Vita {The thought of all of this fabulous storage in the generously-sized butler’s pantry makes me so happy. Can you imagine? Notice there’s another rolling ladder in this room along with what looks like a Hicks Pendant above the stainless steel table.}
Dream Home via La Dolce Vita {A Detailed Shot of the Space Leading from the Living Room to the Foyer}
Dream Home via La Dolce Vita {I love the beautiful arched windows/doors in the formal dining room. I also recognized the Ruhlmann Chandelier from Circa Lighting.}
Dream Home via La Dolce Vita {The large living room features a wooden beams, herringbone brickwork in the fireplace, and more beautiful windows.}
Dream Home Bedroom via La Dolce Vita
{The gorgeous master bedroom feature vaulted ceilings, beautiful paneling, another arched door, and a glamorous chandelier.}
Dream Home Bath via La Dolce Vita {Like all of the other rooms in the home, the master bathroom is also quite large.}
Dream Home via La Dolce Vita {An Alcove for a Freestanding Bathtub}
Dream Home via La Dolce Vita {Notice the wetbar in the master bath—cocktails and a bubble bath, anyone? In the background, you’ll notice the gorgeous doors in the dressing room. Aren’t they stunning?}
Dream Home via La Dolce Vita {To be completely honest, when looking at the photos in the home’s real estate listing, I wasn’t really sure what this room was, but I think it may be the game room given the layout and built-ins.}
Dream Home via La Dolce Vita {This sitting room/solarium is just off the game room from the previous photo. I like that the carpet is in a neutral colorway, but features one of my favorite patterns of all time, La Fiorentina. The Classic Billiard Light would be perfect above a pool table, naturally!
Dream Home via La Dolce Vita {I love the contrast of the soft grey walls, crisp white mouldings, and warm wood floors throughout the house.}
Dream Home via La Dolce Vita {Small Caged Lanterns by Eric Cohler Line this Long Corridor Upstairs}
Dream Home via La Dolce Vita {One of five secondary bedroom suites, this one features custom built-ins, a lovely arched door leading to a private balcony, and a Sophia Flush Mount by Alexa Hampton.}
Dream Home via La Dolce Vita {One of the Guest Baths—I love every last detail!}
Dream Home via La Dolce Vita {I really love the contrast of the study compared to the rest of the house. The dark woods, beams, and industrial-inspired Colton Chandelier make the space feel decidedly more masculine.}
Dream Home via La Dolce Vita {The expansive utility room provides more glorious storage!}
Dream Home via La Dolce Vita {The Lovely Loggia}
Dream Home via La Dolce Vita
{As you can tell from this photo of the back of the house, it isn’t completed yet and is missing landscaping and a few other details. To me, this home is the perfect canvas. I only wish I could be the one to complete it!}

12 comments:

carolyn bradford said...

This is incredible! It's breathtaking! WOW! That kitchen is truly perfect like you said! So glad you shared this with us! I will be pinning away for sure!

Unknown said...

A wet bar in the Master bath? I'd never leave.

Mad Max and Family said...

WOW. Although for that much money it should be wow. I love the woodbeam ceilings and the dark room.

-Tara

http://madmaxandfamily.blogspot.com
http://blog.chron.com/madabouttown/

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Wowsers! I'm not often totally in love with a home but this one is an exception. Loved every single thing.

Elizabeth // The Now said...

I can't... I just can't! This house is seriously the house of my dreams!!! xo Elizabeth

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

incredible... every detail! I love the colors and that master bath and kitchen are something else.

JWS Interiors Affordable Luxury Blog said...

One word-STUNNING!

Edyta Diseño&Decoración said...

Pero que bonita, aquí en Madrid no hay casas como esta.
Bss
Edyta

Tia said...

OMG! My hubs sent me this listing bc if we ever built our own house this is the exact style we would want!! It is AMAZING! And I too wish I had 5 mil sitting around to make this mine! ;)

Unknown said...

HOLY Bananas!! I wouldn't mind being the one to move in & style this amazing home!!
xo Katie
www.SuburbanSparkle.net

DD said...

OMG! what I would do to this home!!! So amazing!

Kerry said...

This is quite simply perfection.